From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:15:26 GMT
Hi Martin!

> - I'd call it - generateHiddenField; for the link and it's parameters
> (don't forget about them)

Can you explain what do you mean exactly for link parameters?

> - what does form.submit(); and then partialSubmit(form); mean? You
> mean conditionalSubmit(form) or so, right?

I don't remember the exact name, but Trinidad already have a form
submission ruotine, and also a PPR one.

> - removeHiddenLink for the link and it's parameters will take care of
> the AJAX-problem as well, yes.

I think it should - lets see if it works :-)

> - and exception handling will be just great. We could put that in the
> methods itself, right? I don't know from which browser version
> exception handling starts to work, so there should be some testing
> done here.

A little research has to do here.. unless someone point us in the
right direction.

> If there's one more thing, we might be enable having params for
> buttons as well. Currently, this works only for links, and with this
> solution it should even be easy for buttons. Anyone having any
> interest in doing this as well?

As I said before, I'm not sure what those parameters are, can you
kindly explain?

> Cosma, do you want to go ahead and do something like what we've come
> up with? If you do, please make sure that you nail down a MyFaces
> committer to get the changes in pretty soon. I'll be on vacation the
> next 3 weeks, so you'll need to find someone else. If nobody jumps the
> band-waggon, get in private contact with Thomas or Gerald, please.

I don't know when I will have some time to look into this.. my home pc
is under maintenance at the moment ;-) Anyway, does someone else
agree/disagree on this kind of solution?

Cosma