incubator-adffaces-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PPR and session timeout
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:32:18 GMT
Hi Venkata,

I think that it wont work, because after the post the source page will
be replaced with the PPR response. The PPR trick is based on having
the response in another frame/window, so the javascript included in it
can access the previous page and manipulate it instead of replacing
the whole page.

Cosma





2006/7/19, venkata guddanti <venkata.guddanti@gmail.com>:
> Hi Cosma,
>
>  Hi Cosma,
>
> So if you  ake the contents of the login form and inject into the main form
> of the outerpage and post the main form of the outerpage. Do you think that
> will work?
>
> Venkata
>
>
> On 7/18/06, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > @Venkata
> > The problem doing that is that the original page is lost. The
> > container usually saves all the request parameters somewhere and
> > "replay" them after the login, so the response will still be a PPR
> > response, and for this reason it will try to find an outer page and to
> > manipulate its DOM, updating only the required components. This will
> > likely fail because the outer page doesn't exist anymore.
> >
> > @Scott:
> > No, I'm not trying to keep the session alive, and I don't want to. We
> > may have security constraints that DO require sessions to timeout, so
> > unattended workstations cannot be easily used by unauthorized users.
> >
> > Regards
> > Cosma
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > 2006/7/19, Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com>:
> > > Oooohhh.  You're trying to prevent the session from timing out?  You can
> >
> > > use the poll component I suppose or you can set your server up so that
> > > sessions don't time out for a REALLY long time.  You probably want them
> > > to time out eventually.
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > > Cosma Colanicchia wrote:
> > > > Venkata,
> > > >
> > > > maybe I'm not getting your point, by in my script I'm trying to avoid
> > > > a "full page refresh". As I'm trying to keep my app as "session
> > > > timeout-proof" as possible, I use full client state saving and almost
> > > > all my managed bean are request scoped. Said that, I want the original
> > > > request parameters (so including the serialized component tree state)
> > > > to pass throught the login process, and because that was a PPR
> > > > requests I cannot simply load it as it was the main page (PPR response
> > > > seems to me to be potentially incomplete, only including the required
> > > > html elements and the code to replace them in the outer window). Even
> > > > knowing exactly what makes a request a "PPR" one, I'm not sure that it
> > > > is possible to safely revert it to a full request.
> > > >
> > > > So my solution was to simply have the login page showed someway, but
> > > > without breaking the usual PPR process, so the popup that submit
> > > > itself again into the _pprIFRAME. I had no full success with it,
> > > > because sometimes after the login the original action (a list sort,
> > > > for example) doesn't get executed, and the user must click again. I've
> > > > not researched the reasons of this.
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > > Cosma
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message