From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PPR and session timeout
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:16:10 GMT
@Venkata
The problem doing that is that the original page is lost. The
container usually saves all the request parameters somewhere and
"replay" them after the login, so the response will still be a PPR
response, and for this reason it will try to find an outer page and to
manipulate its DOM, updating only the required components. This will
likely fail because the outer page doesn't exist anymore.

@Scott:
No, I'm not trying to keep the session alive, and I don't want to. We
may have security constraints that DO require sessions to timeout, so
unattended workstations cannot be easily used by unauthorized users.

Regards
Cosma