From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:55:37 GMT
This makes things more complex.. anyway, I don't clearly see your
solution: will it solve the JSCookMenu problem? There we have a
javascript code that explicitly search a form field with a fixed name
(see MyFacesHack.js), that is added by the form renderer.

Question: is there any reason for components that need an hidden
field, to dinamically add one component to the tree that renders it? I
see two problem with this:

1) If it is done in the renderer of component A child of form B, are
we sure that a child added to B at this stage would get rendered?

2) Does a standard component to render an hidden field that is not
value-bounded exists?

Cosma

2006/7/17, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com>:
> Right now, no way. We don't have a common codebase between Trinidad
> and Tomahawk. I wonder if this is a problem that can be solved on a
> purely javascript basis - client side. How about each link attaching
> itself as a submit handler?
>
> Werner, what do you think? Javascript nightmares ahead?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 7/17/06, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> > First attemp:
> >
> > move addHiddenCommandParameter method in an external interface (such
> > as FormRendererUtils), and make both Trinidad and MyFaces form
> > renderers implement it. Components that need that service must then
> > code against that interface, and deal with renderers that doesn't
> > implement it.
> >
> > At least, this way we can control/check at compile time the usage of
> > those non-standard services.
> >
> > Cosma
> >
> > 2006/7/17, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com>:
> > > We should fix this. Once and for all.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Martin

The
do we want

think that the <t:commandLink>
MyFaces renderer for the

the Sun RI as JSF implementation.

<martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
for a certain component family needs
all components belonging to this family? I
just use a different renderer-type for the

a thread talking about component families, we only
from UIForm - so UIXForm does not even have the
family as UIForm?

is more-or-less implied by not extending UIForm.
family should follow subclassing
you'd get ClassCastExceptions in

probably not...  UIXForm is in a different component
UIForm.  (An earlier thread talked about that.)

1) should have been fixed by Mario's recent addition of
for the component family instead of the instance of UIForm.