From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:39:15 GMT
First attemp:

move addHiddenCommandParameter method in an external interface (such
as FormRendererUtils), and make both Trinidad and MyFaces form
renderers implement it. Components that need that service must then
code against that interface, and deal with renderers that doesn't
implement it.

At least, this way we can control/check at compile time the usage of
those non-standard services.

Cosma

2006/7/17, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com>:
> We should fix this. Once and for all.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 7/17/06, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've only modified the JSCookMenu javascript to create that field in
> > the DOM if it isn't there. It's not an elegant solution, I know..
> >
> > Cosma
> >

> > 2006/7/17, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com>:
> > > P.S. I think that a component relying on other renderers isn't a good
> > > design and we should try to avoid it..

RI as JSF implementation.

a certain component family needs
a different renderer-type for the

talking about component families, we only
UIForm - so UIXForm does not even have the
UIForm?

implied by not extending UIForm.
follow subclassing
get ClassCastExceptions in

 UIXForm is in a different component
 (An earlier thread talked about that.)

have been fixed by Mario's recent addition of
component family instead of the instance of UIForm.

some other tries:

the <af:form> component, a dummy form and its clear
created. Clicking on <t:commandLink> or
does trigger a submit, but the expected
isn't executed. Probably this is because the _link_hidden_
telling JSF that a "linkDummyForm:commandLinkId" has been
but the actual name of the component is different (its name
a different id).

an <h:form> component, the dummy form isn't created
the <t:commandLink> recognize its parent form), but no
is generated in the page, so the onclick javascript
the form.

be useful to share info about making they work togheter, if
has resolved these problems.

I'm using the latest snapshots.. and I tried with both <h:form>
I had some issues with dummyForm at first, if I can get
detail I'll try to post it tomorrow, now I'm leaving the office.