From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:22:22 GMT
P.S. I think that a component relying on other renderers isn't a good
design and we should try to avoid it..

2006/7/17, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com>:
> It looks like Martin has done a similar work, fixing all the form
> searching routines, so that part of my patch should be dropped. The
> addHiddenCommandParameter problem seems to be still there.. do we want
> to wait for a complete solution or, in the meantime, apply the js hack
> to make JSCookMenu work?
>

> Cosma
>

> 2006/7/17, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com>:
> > Yes, I mean TOMAHAWK-516, it includes a change that is very similar to
> > the Martin code, with other things:
> >
> > 1) The _ComponentUtils method is not used everywhere. For example,
> > HtmlJSCookMenuRenderer implements one of its own, and other
> > rendererers do it as well. I tried to refactor those method to use the
> > _ComponentUtils one, see the JIRA for details.
> >
> > 2) Another potential source of trouble for Trinidad/Tomahawk
> > integration is the HtmlFormRendererBase.addHiddenCommandParameter
> > method. This is called at least by the JSCookMenu (but presumibly also
> > by other components) to queue adding hidden form parameters, but with
> > that rendered will not be used in a Trinidad project leading to
> > javascript errors. In my patch for JSCookMenu I workarounded this
> > hacking into MyFacesHack.js, but I think it should be addressed
> > someway.
> >
> > Well I don't know SVN very well, but if it works as CVS we have two
> > different patch applied to the same lines of code (the
> > _ComponentUtils.findNestingForm method), so a merge will be required
> > if TOMAHAWK-516 will be commited.
> >

> > Cosma
> >

> > 2006/7/17, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>:
> > > Yes that stuff is committed. _CompontUtils too.
> > >
> > > You mean TOMAHAWK-516 ? I just asigned it to me.
> > > Will (or must) take a look on it.
> > >
> > > Can you please give an update of the status ?
> > > Also what's the *conflict* now is?
> > >
> > > Would be great!
> > >
> > > -Matthias

component families, we only
UIXForm does not even have the

is in a different component

by Mario's recent addition of
instead of the instance of UIForm.

<cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
component, a dummy form and its clear
on <t:commandLink> or
does trigger a submit, but the expected
Probably this is because the _link_hidden_
that a "linkDummyForm:commandLinkId" has been
name of the component is different (its name
id).

component, the dummy form isn't created
recognize its parent form), but no
in the page, so the onclick javascript

<cosmacol@gmail.com>:
> [...]
share info about making they work togheter, if
these problems.

latest snapshots.. and I tried with both <h:form>
I had some issues with dummyForm at first, if I can get
to post it tomorrow, now I'm leaving the office.

are people on the list, using both.
Tomahawk) and ADF Faces

1) <t:commandLink> components (and <t:commandSortHeader>s) don't work,

because the MyFaces javascript functions such as clear_myFormId don't get

generated. Also the _link_hidden_form isn't generated anymore. The rendered

HTML includes the string <!-- MYFACES JAVASCRIPT -->, and looking at the

stack I can see that both the adfFaces and the ExtensionsFilter are invoked,

but no MyFaces script are actually rendered in the page.

sure why this would happen, but this may be a MyFaces
 I know there's been some discussion on the main MyFaces
about issues like this.

search more carefully in the archives.. do you know if
success using MyFaces, Tomahawk and ADF Faces in a

MyFaces) are you using?
around commandLink?

issue - discussed on myfaces dev - regarding "auto
aka dummy form

MyFaces