From "Fausey,Jonathan" <fau...@oclc.org>
Subject RE: Oracle ADF Faces and Shale
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:32:51 GMT
Yes, shale-tiger-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar was included in my webapp.  Removing
it did not change things.  The only Shale components in my webapp now
are shale-clay-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar and shale-core-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar in
the WEB-INF/lib directory.  I don't even have so much as a reference to
the Shale tag library in any of the pages.

Yes, I'm using the ADF Faces components from Oracle: I downloaded
adf-faces-10_1_3_0_4.zip and extracted adf-faces-api-10_1_3_0_4.jar,
adf-faces-impl-10_1_3_0_4.jar, and adfshare-3549S.jar and I built a jar
file from the classes included in the adf-demo.war file that was also
included in adf-faces-10_1_3_0_4.zip (all of those classes are in the
oracle.adfdemo.view.faces package hierarchy).  I have not acquired
anything from the Trinidad project yet.

-Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: craigmcc@gmail.com [mailto:craigmcc@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Craig
McClanahan
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:56 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Oracle ADF Faces and Shale

> The line that concerns me is:
>
> RenderKit with renderKitId 'oracle.adf.core' was replaced.
>
> I suspect that's got something do with this problem, and wonder if
> Shale does anything funny with renderkits.

Shale doesn't define any renderkits itself, although it does define a
couple of components with renderers in the default renderkit.

Jonathan, are you using the shale-tiger.jar library in your experiments?
If so, could you try removing that and seeing if it changes things?
That suggestion is because the tiger extensions are the only part of
Shale that cares at all about renderers, and we might be able to isolate
the ultimate cause.

Also, in order for me to reproduce this, I presume you're using the ADF
Faces components that you can get from Oracle, not the Trinidad
components here, right?

-- Adam

Craig

On 7/25/06, Fausey,Jonathan <fausey@oclc.org> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get Oracle ADF Faces 10_1_3_0_4 and the Shale 1.0.3
> > snapshot to work together.  I apologize if Oracle's ADF Faces is out

> > of bounds here, but that's what we're using at present and I'm not
> > sure what the correct forum is these days.
> >
> > I didn't get far enough to use Shale for anything yet - I just added

> > it to an existing webapp that uses ADF components and things broke
> > (internal server errors).  If I remove all traces of Shale, the
> > webapp works fine.  I've tried many changes to my web.xml and
> > faces-config.xml files, but I always get the following error in my
> > tomcat log when I try to load a page containing ADF components.
> > Obviously, I don't understand what's wrong.  My web.xml and
> > faces-config.xml files follow the tomcat log entry below.
> >
> >  INFO [http-51972-Processor25] (RenderKitFactoryImpl.java:54) -
> > RenderKit with renderKitId 'oracle.adf.core' was replaced.
> > ERROR [http-51972-Processor25] (ApplicationDispatcher.java:712) -
> > Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException: No AdfRenderingContext
> >         at
> > oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.core.CoreRenderer.encodeEnd(
> > Core
> > Renderer.java:154)
> >         at
> > oracle.adf.view.faces.component.UIXComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIXCompon
> > entB
> > ase.java:624)
> >         at
> > javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeEnd(UIComponentTag.java:495)
> >         at
> > javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doEndTag(UIComponentTag.java:363)
> >         at
> > oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.UIXComponentTag.doEndTag(UIXComponentTa
> > g.ja
> > va:100)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jsp.inbox3_jsp._jspx_meth_afh_styleSheet_0(org.apache.jsp
> > .inb
> > ox3_jsp:204)
> >         at

org.apache.jsp.inbox3_jsp._jspx_meth_f_view_0(org.apache.jsp.inbox3_jsp:
> > 161)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jsp.inbox3_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.inbox3_jsp:119)
> >         at
> > org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
> >         at
> >         at
> > org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrappe
> > r.ja
> > va:322)
> >         at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
> [...]
> > org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter.doFilter(ShaleApplicat
> > ionF
> > ilter.java:271)
> >         at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(App
> > lica
> > tionFilterChain.java:202)
> >         at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Application
> > Filt
> > erChain.java:173)
> >         at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapper
> > Valv
> > e.java:213)
> >         at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContext
> > Valv
> > e.java:178)
> >         at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.
> > java
> > :126)
> >         at
> > org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.
> > java
> > :105)
> >         at

> > java:107)
> >         at
> > org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.ja
> > va:1
> > 48)
> >         at
> > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.jav
> > a:85
> > 6)
> >         at
> > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
> > essC
> > onnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
> >         at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndp
> > oint
> > .java:527)
> >         at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFo
> > llow
> > erWorkerThread.java:80)
> >         at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Thread
> > Pool
> > .java:684)
> >
> > My web.xml file:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
> > Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
> > <web-app>
> >
> >     <context-param>
> >         <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
> >         <param-value>client</param-value>
> >     </context-param>
> >
> >     <filter>
> >         <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
> >         <filter-class>
> >             org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter

<filter-class>oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilter</filter-class>
> >     </filter>
> >
> >     <filter>
> >         <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
> >
> > <filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</fil
> > ter-
> > class>
> >         <init-param>
> >                 <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
> >                 <param-value>20m</param-value>
> >         </init-param>
> >     </filter>
> >
> >     <filter-mapping>
> >         <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
> >         <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
> >     </filter-mapping>
> >
> >     <filter-mapping>
> >         <filter-name>adfFaces</filter-name>
> >         <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
> >     </filter-mapping>
> >
> >     <filter-mapping>
> >         <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
> >         <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
> >     </filter-mapping>
> >
> >     <filter-mapping>
> >         <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
> >         <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
> >     </filter-mapping>
> >
> >     <listener>
> >         <listener-class>
> >             org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
> >         </listener-class>
> >     </listener>
> >
> >     <servlet>
> >         <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>

> >         <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> >     </servlet>
> >
> >     <servlet>
> >          <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
> >
> > <servlet-class>oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.ResourceServlet</servlet
> > -cla
> > ss>
> >     </servlet>
> >
> >     <servlet-mapping>
> >         <servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
> >         <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>
> >
> >     <servlet-mapping>
> >         <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
> >         <url-pattern>/adf/*</url-pattern>
> >     </servlet-mapping>
> > </web-app>
> >
> > My faces-config.xml file:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC
> >         "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config
1.1//EN"
> >         "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd">
> >
> > <faces-config>
> >
> >     <application>

<default-render-kit-id>oracle.adf.core</default-render-kit-id>