From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing name for the ADF Faces donation
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 05:00:09 GMT

> Ok...
>
> we got lot's of suggestions for a name. I used google to look if these
> names are already taken. Some pointed to companies selling software or
> some are already name of software. These names are from my POV a
> no-no.
>
> These names look ok to me:
>
> Gold
> Foxberry
> Chagall
> Chameleon
> Tofu
> Tonga
> Togo
> Toscanini
> Trinidad
> grapefruit
> shines
> Banten
> toolkit/toolbox/toolshed

That looks like a reasonable list to start a vote thread.

Question is, what is with very generic names?
> Like Torino       ?
>   Which is a city in italy.

Might also be someone who didn't like the fact that the Winter Olympics are
over :-).

So we should focus on the above mentioned names and start a vote on a
> specific name.

I think that would be a good idea.  The ADF-FACES dev list is the right
place for that sort of thing to happen (although you'll probably want to
post an announcement of the vote on all the other relevant lists to
encourage people to subscribe so they can vote).

Regards,
> Matthias

Craig