From "Markus Heinisch" <Markus.Heini...@trivadis.com>
Subject AW: [SPAM] - Skin Enhancement Request - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:24:58 GMT
Hi Dan,

Are you looking for a solution like this:

            <af:inputText value="#{bindings.Title.inputValue}"
                          label="#{bindings.Title.label}"
                          required="#{bindings.Title.mandatory}"
                          styleClass="#{bindings.Title.mandatory ? 'required' : 'nonrequired'}"
                          columns="#{bindings.Title.displayWidth}">
            </af:inputText>

The EL expression in the attribute styleClass makes the trick. The EL expression resolves
to styleClass="required" when the Title is mandatory (example uses Oracle ADF which provides
for a property like 'Title' some metadata like 'mandatory' or 'updatable').

The styleclass must be defined in a CSS or your Skin-CSS:

input.required, textarea.required, select.required {
  background-color: rgb(255,255,181);
  border-style: solid ;
}
input.nonrequired, textarea.nonrequired, select.nonrequired {
  background-color: white;
  border-style: solid ;
}

>From my point of view everything you need is available to solve your styling needs. ;-)