From "Benj Fayle" <bfa...@maketechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Tiles + Adf Faces + MyFaces
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 08:00:18 GMT
We tried Tiles + AdfFaces + Myufaces but gave up due to limitations with
Tiles (it would only work withy ADF with an older version)

Instead we used the ADF regions and there was nothing we were wanting to
do with tiles templates that we couldn't due using regions.

Alternatively you may want to look at Facelets which is much better
suited to JSF implementations than Tiles imho.

Benj Fayle

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Reger, Jr. [mailto:regerj@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 12:03 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Tiles + Adf Faces + MyFaces

I saw a thread similar to this recently but couldn't find a resolution
that worked for me.

I'm getting NPEs when I use Adf Faces with MyFaces 1.1.3, Tiles and
Tomcat 5.5.12:

30187 [http-127.0.0.1-80-1] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/].[jsp]
 - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.uinode.FacesRenderingContext.setRenderingP
roperty(FacesRenderingContext.java:157)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui.RenderedNodeRenderingContext.setPropert
y(RenderedNodeRenderingContext.java:162)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui.ServletRenderingContext._setContextProp
erty(ServletRenderingContext.java:309)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui.ServletRenderingContext.setServletReque
st(ServletRenderingContext.java:140)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui.ServletRenderingContext.setServletReque
st(ServletRenderingContext.java:163)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui.ServletRenderingContext.init(ServletRen
deringContext.java:113)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui.ServletRenderingContext.init(ServletRen
deringContext.java:96)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.uinode.FacesRenderingContext.<init>(FacesR
enderingContext.java:106)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.uinode.FacesRenderingContext.createRenderi
ngContext(FacesRenderingContext.java:79)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.uinode.UINodeRendererBase.getRenderingCont
ext(UINodeRendererBase.java:89)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.uinode.FacesRenderingContext.getRenderingC
ontext(FacesRenderingContext.java:66)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.uinode.FacesRenderingContext.getRenderingC
ontext(FacesRenderingContext.java:52)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.htmlBasic.UINodeRenderer.getRend
eringContext(UINodeRenderer.java:79)
	at
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit.htmlBasic.UINodeRenderer.encodeB
egin(UINodeRenderer.java:38)
	at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:5
12)
	at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeBegin(UIComponentTag.java:464)
	at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:317)
	at
org.apache.jsp.common.navigation_jsp._jspx_meth_h_form_0(org.apache.jsp.
common.navigation_jsp:92)
	at
org.apache.jsp.common.navigation_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.common.n
avigation_jsp:65)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

The error seems to come from navigation.jsp which is included inside a
Tiles template:

<f:subview id="menu">
      <tiles:insert attribute="menu" flush="false" />
</f:subview>

The code in navigation.jsp is fairly straightforward... I have a
<h:panelGrid> and a few <h:commandLink> tags.

My web.xml looks like:

     <context-param>

<param-name>oracle.adf.view.faces.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER</param-name>
        <param-value>

org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl
         </param-value>
    </context-param>
     <filter>
        <filter-name>adfFaces</filter-name>

<filter-class>oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>adfFaces</filter-name>
    </filter-mapping>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.ResourceServlet</servlet-cla
ss>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/adf/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

And my faces-config.xml includes:

<application>
        <default-render-kit-id>oracle.adf.core</default-render-kit-id>
</application>

Any help is appreciated!

Best,

Joe