From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converter "javax.faces.Long" never called for af:selectOneChoice
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:03:38 GMT
Yes, it's the expected behavior.  By default, we don't send
values of selectItems to the client - just indices.  If you
really want the values, then set passthru="true" on the
selectOne/selectMany.

Among the advantages of the indexed values approach
is that you don't need a converter, and can therefore trivially
use complex objects as values of selectItems.

-- Adam