From Jeanne Waldman <jeanne.wald...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: AW: [SPAM] - Skin Enhancement Request - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:40:42 GMT
The styleClass attribute for the form components goes on the root dom
element of the component, which isn't the <input> or <textArea>. We
should be doing this for all our components, and if we are not, we'll
need to enhance them to do this. This is for consistency, and it makes
it easier to write skinning rules.

In the case of inputText where changing the styles of the 'content' (aka
the input/textArea) piece of the component is common, we've added a
'contentStyle' attribute. So you can essentially do what Markus
suggested, but use the contentStyle attribute. By essentially, I mean
that contentStyle takes  styles, not style classes. So you would do this:

contentStyle="#{bindings.Title.mandatory ? 'background-color: rgb(255,255,181);border-style:
solid ;' : 'background-color: white;
  border-style: solid ;'}"

I just thought of another way you can do this using the skinning file.
Do what Markus suggested, but I would change the name of the styleClasses:

            <af:inputText value="#{bindings.Title.inputValue}"
                          label="#{bindings.Title.label}"
                          required="#{bindings.Title.mandatory}"
                          styleClass="#{bindings.Title.mandatory ? 'requiredFieldMarker' :
'nonrequiredMarker'}"
                          columns="#{bindings.Title.displayWidth}">
            </af:inputText>

The in the skinning file you can do this:

/* When the af|inputText's component has the styleClass set to
requiredFieldMarker, set its 'content' piece */
af|inputText.requiredFieldMarker::content {
 background-color: rgb(255,255,181);
 border-style: solid ;
}

 - Jeanne

Markus Heinisch wrote:

>Hi Dan,
>
>Are you looking for a solution like this:
>
>            <af:inputText value="#{bindings.Title.inputValue}"
>                          label="#{bindings.Title.label}"
>                          required="#{bindings.Title.mandatory}"
>                          styleClass="#{bindings.Title.mandatory ? 'required' : 'nonrequired'}"
>                          columns="#{bindings.Title.displayWidth}">
>            </af:inputText>
>
>The EL expression in the attribute styleClass makes the trick. The EL expression resolves
to styleClass="required" when the Title is mandatory (example uses Oracle ADF which provides
for a property like 'Title' some metadata like 'mandatory' or 'updatable').

>The styleclass must be defined in a CSS or your Skin-CSS:
>
>input.required, textarea.required, select.required {
>  background-color: rgb(255,255,181);
>  border-style: solid ;
>}
>input.nonrequired, textarea.nonrequired, select.nonrequired {
>  background-color: white;
>  border-style: solid ;
>}
>
>>>From my point of view everything you need is available to solve your styling needs.