From Rogers Reilly <rogers_rei...@s-rod.com>
Subject ADF Faces Rich Client components coming to Trinidad?
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:57:28 GMT
Hi all,

I came across the following blog entry about upcoming AJAXified
components possibly coming to Trinidad:
http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1242  Sounds like they've got some
very cool components (there's a video link there, too, which looks
sharp), including Drop 'n' Drag and an extensible JS architecture.

My question is (a) can anyone from Oracle confirm/comment on this list?,
and (b) if these components are coming in, how do they fit with other
AJAX efforts in MyFaces?  We've already got people integrating Dojo
widgets in the regular MyFaces trunk, somebody working on improving PPR
to use XMLHTTPRequestObject for an SoC project (which it sounds like
these new components may have already done), and various other efforts
like Avatar/JSF 1.2.  That's an awful lot of JS floating around with
ostensibly similar goals.

Of course I'm not about to complain about all the OS options upcoming
for rich client development, but I would like to get a sense for the
landscape.  Right now, I find myself wrapping a lot of the Yahoo UI Ajax
stuff in Facelets tags (used to use Dojo, but YUI is dead simple,
well-documented, and anything so complicated I'd need Dojo for, I prefer
to handle with Trinidad PPR on the server), but have thought about
wrapping them instead as more formal JMaki components.  Trying to decide
if it's worth the effort--Facelets + YUI is really a breeze--if stuff
like Drag 'n' Drop is right around the corner anyway from Oracle.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
-Rogers