From Arnaud MERGEY <amer...@sunopsis.com>
Subject Validation message
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:33:03 GMT
Hi,

In panel form my inputText reference a validation method with
"validator" attribute.
If validation failed my method throw a
javax.faces.validator.ValidatorException.

my code:
/public void validate(FacesContext pContext, UIComponent pToValidate,
Object pValue)
    {
        if(mMaxLength>0)
        {
            if(pValue.toString().length()>mMaxLength)
            {
                FacesMessage errMsg =
JSFService.getFacesMessage(pContext,JSFService.MESSAGE_ID_VALIDATOR_LENGTH,new
Object[]{Integer.toString(mMaxLength)});
                throw new ValidatorException(errMsg);
            }
        }
    }/

In my page when form is redisplayed error message is not displayed in
the inputText not validated but is displayed in <af:messages/>

In my backing bean if I throw exception in the setter, the error message
is displayed automatically in the right inputText

How can I do that with validator ? (for some reasons, validation must be
done in external method, not in the setter).

In the docs /input components typically support automatically showing
their own messages, including a tip and the error message/.

thanks
Arnaud