From "Chaitanya Kadaru" <chaitanya.kad...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: How to start using adf faces
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:30:20 GMT
Matthias

I don't want to worry about compilation.

Cant I use the jar file for the adf faces components. I think I already downloaded it.

What about my questions 1,2,3?

Thanks

Chaitanya Kadaru

-----Original Message-----
From: mwessendorf@gmail.com [mailto:mwessendorf@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Matthias Wessendorf
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 10:15 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org; chaitanya.kadaru@oracle.com
Subject: Re: How to start using adf faces

Chaitanya,

this is interesting. I just added some content to the wiki for describing the new Trinidad/ADF
maven2 archetype (nice word) ;-)

On [1] you can find some nice introduction, howto setup a project template for that.
This archetype uses MyFaces CORE and Trinidad/ADF.
Adding Tomahawk components is possible.

Note, for the archetype you need also to build ADF Faces on your own. With Maven2, no big
deal ([2]).

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_Archetype
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Building_ADF_With_Maven

On 6/19/06, Chaitanya Kadaru <chaitanya.kadaru@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using apache myfaces and tomahawk components on top of it.
>
> Now I want to use some adf components along with the above. Can
> someone pass me on the documented process like
>
> 1) which jar files need to go whjere? I have downloaded the adf jars from the incubator
site.

> 2) what needs to be changed in the web.xml of faces config.xml?
>
> 3) anything else needs be done ? Like packaging the additional jars
>
> If there is a documented process somewhere that would be great, of even if one of you
can tell me the process that would be great.

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18