From "Benj Fayle" <bfa...@maketechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Building ADF on JDK 1.4
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 21:06:09 GMT
Any idea on the timing for the creation of the JSF 1.1-based branch?

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:43 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building ADF on JDK 1.4

There's a decent quantity of JDK 1.5 specific code in there;  and
JSF 1.2, which is our eventual target, will require JDK 1.5.  I'm
personally reluctant to put in the work to go back to JDK 1.4 just to
undo that work when we move to JSF 1.2.

When we do go to JSF 1.2, we'll certainly leave behind a
JSF 1.1-based branch, since adoption of JSF 1.2 will take
awhile.  I'd be very happy to see others go through the JSF 1.1
branch to move it back to JDK 1.4.

MyFaces core only requires JDK 1.3, but that's because JCP
compatibility rules require this for a JSF 1.1 implementation.
Dunno what Tobago requires.

-- Adam

On 5/31/06, Benj Fayle <bfayle@maketechnologies.com> wrote:
> I would prefer to see ADF remain 1.4 compliant for some time as well.
We
> are currently using Java 1.5 for many new projects but there are still
> large number of our enterprise customers who will continue to use Java
> 1.4 for at least another year, possibly longer. It is for some of
these
> larger projects  that ADF is particularly attractive but they are
> restricted to Java 1.4.
>
> I would be willing to assist in this effort as well.
>
> Benj Fayle

Servers