From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: af:inputText disabled server-side vs. client-side
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 17:40:41 GMT
On 5/25/06, Frank Felix Debatin <ffd@gmx.net> wrote:
> > autoSubmit is the legit way of doing this - was it purely
> the
> > delay that was at issue in the usability review?
>
> It was two issues:
> - autoSubmit caused a validation of the form, and if it
> failed, the "disabled"-status was out of sync between client
> and server (I tried to use subform to circumvent validation,
> but this caused other problems...)

You could use "immediate" plus a call to FacesContext.renderResponse()
in the checkboxes valueChangeListener to bypass validation.

> - it caused the page to scroll if it didn't fit on the
> screen.

autoSubmit will not cause the page to scroll or refresh at all if
you're using either afh:body or af:document;  you should always
be using one of these when using ADF Faces, otherwise
PPR does not function. (autoSubmit automatically uses
PPR when available).

-- Adam