From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: af:inputText disabled server-side vs. client-side
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 16:17:38 GMT
autoSubmit is the legit way of doing this - was
it purely the delay that was at issue in the usability
review?

The issue you're confronting - which would affect
h:inputText too, FWIW - is that the server-side control
still thinks it's disabled, and will until Update Model when
#{data.enabled} gets pushed.  To bypass that, you could
have a PhaseListener that runs pre-ApplyRequestValues
and explicitly calls setDisabled(false) on the control.

-- Adam