From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with VIEW_CACHE/TokenCache
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 22:09:47 GMT
On 5/22/06, bradyh@bitstream.net <bradyh@bitstream.net> wrote:
> I've got an issue (previously discussed on this list) with my VIEW_CACHE
> expunging a necessary object when I have a lot of activity on a dialog.
> Then when it returns the parent page gets refreshed causing the return
> listener to be lost.  I can make the problem harder to encounter by upping
> the cache size but I'd like to fix it.

As in, giving a patch for the code? Please, please? :)

> It was suggested that I try "touching" the value in the cache periodically
> to keep it at the front so it will never fall off the back.  Which does
> seem like a good idea.  However I haven't determined how to get the token
> for the object I want to keep.  Are there any suggestions?

Basically, the code that creates a new page flow scope for a dialog
currently pushes in true/false for the window, and the clientId of
the originating component.  I'd push the original state token (see
the ResponseStateManager code) into that process scope map.

-- Adam