From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Dialog Issue
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 21:09:31 GMT
On 5/11/06, bradyh@bitstream.net <bradyh@bitstream.net> wrote:
> This seems to have worked.  I went into StateManagerImpl and changed the
> TokenCache size from 15 to 60 and the problem went away.  Perhaps the
> problem will reappear if I enter 4 times as many items but we are unlikely
> to encounter that situation in a production environment.

There's a config flag for that;  you don't need to change any code.
Of course, the downside to increasing the size of the cache is
memory usage.  This would have a negative impact on scalability
(though, as with any question of scalability, "how much" is difficult
to answer without measuring in your specific app.)

> I wonder if it would be possible to back up the TokenCache in
> LaunchListener and then restore it in the submit action?  Perhaps dialogs
> should have their own cache seperate from the main body of the
> application?

Perhaps.  Another possibility - since this is an LRU cache - is that every
time a dialog saves some state, we "touch" the state of the parent page
to keep it from getting flushed.

-- Adam