From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 21:25:24 GMT
So it is a must that a renderer for a certain component family needs
to be able to render out all components belonging to this family? I
don't see why you couldn't just use a different renderer-type for the
UIXForm component...

regards,

Martin

> On 5/24/06, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Adam,
> >
> > I don't remember a thread talking about component families, we only
> > talked about extending from UIForm - so UIXForm does not even have the
> > same component family as UIForm?
>
> No, it doesn't, which is more-or-less implied by not extending UIForm.
> In general, component family should follow subclassing
> as well, because otherwise you'd get ClassCastExceptions in
> Renderers.
>
> -- Adam
>

> > regards,
> >
> > Martin

> > > Actually, probably not...  UIXForm is in a different component
> > > family from UIForm.  (An earlier thread talked about that.)
> > >
> > > -- Adam

<t:commandSortHeader>s) don't work,
such as clear_myFormId don't get
generated anymore. The rendered