From Rogers Reilly <rogers_rei...@s-rod.com>
Subject ADF dialog:xxx conflicts with Shale's dialog framework
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 01:01:39 GMT
Hi all,

Great to see the code in SVN, excited to see it moving forward.

In the meantime, I've just started exploring the ADF dialog feature, and
am having problems getting a popup window working.  It seems you need to
name your transition state "dialog:firstDialogPage" in order for
useWindow="true" to result in a popup (note: some old docs on the web
said "process:firstDialogPage" and useDialog="true" was the right
syntax, but this resulted in a plain navigation--i.e. no popup--for me,
so I'll assume the other docs to be correct), and this causes problems
when you've got the Shale filter running, as Shale then wants to begin a
Shale dialog and can't find one.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?  I'm not using Shale dialogs at
all, but am using Shale Tiger and ViewControllers, so if there were a
way to "turn off" the dialog feature in Shale while leaving the filter
in, that should do the trick.  Last resort, I suppose, will be to change
the suffix in either ADF or Shale source and rebuild, but I'd love to
stay away from that if possible.  Anybody have a magic init-param they
can put me onto?  :)

Thanks in advance,
Rogers