From "Frank Felix Debatin" <...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: Another problem with tables in ADF + Facelets
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 09:27:51 GMT

I found it. This one was really a pain.

If you have extra space (0x20) after </af:column> it breaks
... if you put a line feed after </af:column> everything
goes well.

I will upgrade from Facelets 1.1.4 to the latest version now
and check again.

Thanks for getting me on the right track!

Frank Felix

https://facelets.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/dev/docbook.html#co
nf
> ig-webapp-init
>
> My suspicion is that you've got a comment inside af:table
> which is triggering this problem (and perhaps others).
>
> -- Adam Winer
>

> On 5/25/06, Frank Felix Debatin <ffd@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > I have another, pretty bad problem. I get a class cast
exception
> > (stack trace and code see below), where the code was
expecting
> > UIXColumn, but found
com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions.

> > Any quick help (workaround, quick fix) on this would be
highly
> > appreciated, because it breaks our migration.
> >
> > Frank Felix
> >

> > class DesktopTableRenderer {
> >   private void _renderRegularColumns(
> >     FacesContext          context,
> >     TableRenderingContext tContext,
> >     UIComponent           component,
> >     int physicalCol) throws IOException
> >   {
> >     // this renders a whole bunch of <TH>...</TH>
elements.
> >     // part of #1313720, base column header count on
> >     // table child count
> >     List children = component.getChildren();
> >     int colCount  = children.size();
> >     int[] hidden = tContext.getHiddenColumns();
> >     ColumnData colData = tContext.getColumnData();
> >     for (int i = 0;  i < colCount;  i++)
> >     {
> >       if (hidden[i] !=
TableRenderingContext.NORMAL_COLUMN)
> >         continue;
> >       UIXColumn column = (UIXColumn) children.get(i);
> >                           ^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.desktop.Deskto

pTableRenderer._renderRegularColumns(DesktopTableRenderer.ja
> > va:959)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.desktop.Deskto

pTableRenderer.renderSingleRow(DesktopTableRenderer.java:104
> > )
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.TableRen
> > derer.encodeAll(TableRenderer.java:264)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.CoreRenderer.e
> > ncodeEnd(CoreRenderer.java:178)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adf.component.UIXComponentBase.encodeEnd(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:634)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adf.component.UIXCollection.encodeEnd(UIX
> > Collection.java:454)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.CoreRenderer.e
> > ncodeChild(CoreRenderer.java:255)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.CoreRenderer.e
> > ncodeAllChildren(CoreRenderer.java:274)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.PanelBox
> > Renderer._renderContentRow(PanelBoxRenderer.java:194)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.PanelBox
> > Renderer.encodeAll(PanelBoxRenderer.java:77)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.renderkit.core.CoreRenderer.e
> > ncodeEnd(CoreRenderer.java:178)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adf.component.UIXComponentBase.encodeEnd(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:634)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.uinode.UIComponentUINode._ren
> > derComponent(UIComponentUINode.java:326)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.uinode.UIComponentUINode.rend
> > er(UIComponentUINode.java:272)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.uinode.UIComponentUINode.rend
> > er(UIComponentUINode.java:249)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.composite.ContextPoppingUI

Node$ContextPoppingRenderer.render(ContextPoppingUINode.java
> > :234)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:356)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:311)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderChild(B
> > aseRenderer.java:422)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:340)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:232)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderContent
> > (BaseRenderer.java:139)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.render(BaseRe
> > nderer.java:91)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.laf.base.xhtml.XhtmlLafRen
> > derer.render(XhtmlLafRenderer.java:78)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:356)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:311)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderChild(B
> > aseRenderer.java:422)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:340)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:232)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderContent
> > (BaseRenderer.java:139)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.render(BaseRe
> > nderer.java:91)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.laf.base.xhtml.XhtmlLafRen
> > derer.render(XhtmlLafRenderer.java:78)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:356)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:311)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderChild(B
> > aseRenderer.java:422)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:340)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:232)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderContent
> > (BaseRenderer.java:139)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.laf.base.xhtml.BorderLayou

tRenderer._renderTableContent(BorderLayoutRenderer.java:166)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.laf.base.xhtml.BorderLayou
> > tRenderer.renderContent(BorderLayoutRenderer.java:69)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.render(BaseRe
> > nderer.java:91)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.laf.base.xhtml.XhtmlLafRen
> > derer.render(XhtmlLafRenderer.java:78)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:356)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:311)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderChild(B
> > aseRenderer.java:422)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:340)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderIndexed
> > Child(BaseRenderer.java:232)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.renderContent
> > (BaseRenderer.java:139)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseRenderer.render(BaseRe
> > nderer.java:91)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.laf.base.xhtml.XhtmlLafRen
> > derer.render(XhtmlLafRenderer.java:78)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:356)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.BaseUINode.render(BaseUINo
> > de.java:311)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.composite.UINodeRenderer.r
> > enderWithNode(UINodeRenderer.java:100)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.ui.composite.UINodeRenderer.r
> > ender(UINodeRenderer.java:46)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.uinode.UIXComponentUINode.ren
> > derInternal(UIXComponentUINode.java:187)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.uinode.UINodeRendererBase.enc
> > odeEnd(UINodeRendererBase.java:63)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adf.component.UIXComponentBase.encodeEnd(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:634)
> >         at

com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(Co
> > mponentSupport.java:242)
> >         at

com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(Co
> > mponentSupport.java:239)
> >         at

com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(Co
> > mponentSupport.java:239)
> >         at

com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(Co
> > mponentSupport.java:239)
> >         at

com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHa
> > ndler.java:540)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.application.ViewHandlerImpl.r
> > enderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:175)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleI
> > mpl.java:367)
> >         at

javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:13
> > 8)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi
> > lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App
> > licationFilterChain.java:173)
> >         at

reezom.web.servlet.TransactionTracker$1.run(TransactionTrack
> > er.java:66)
> >         at

reezom.services.Engine$RunnableRememberingException.run(Engi
> > ne.java:383)
> >         at reezom.services.Engine$6.run(Engine.java:653)
> >         at reezom.services.Engine$5.run(Engine.java:606)
> >         at reezom.services.Engine$4.run(Engine.java:530)
> >         at reezom.services.Engine$3.run(Engine.java:511)
> >         at reezom.services.Engine.run(Engine.java:406)
> >         at

reezom.web.servlet.TransactionTracker.doFilter(TransactionTr
> > acker.java:62)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi
> > lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App
> > licationFilterChain.java:173)
> >         at

reezom.web.servlet.SessionTracker.doFilter(SessionTracker.ja
> > va:102)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi
> > lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App
> > licationFilterChain.java:173)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._in
> > vokeDoFilter(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:313)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._do
> > FilterImpl(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:282)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl.doF
> > ilter(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:206)
> >         at

org.apache.myfaces.adf.webapp.AdfFacesFilter.doFilter(AdfFac
> > esFilter.java:90)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi
> > lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App
> > licationFilterChain.java:173)
> >         at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(Repl
> > yHeaderFilter.java:96)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi
> > lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App
> > licationFilterChain.java:173)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standar
> > dWrapperValve.java:213)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standar
> > dContextValve.java:178)
> >         at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invok
> > e(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)
> >         at

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccCo
> > ntextValve.java:74)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHo
> > stValve.java:126)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepo
> > rtValve.java:105)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Standard
> > EngineValve.java:107)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAd
> > apter.java:148)
> >         at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Proce
> > ssor.java:869)
> >         at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11Connection
> > Handler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(Poo
> > lTcpEndpoint.java:527)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(Maste