From "Martin Denham" <mjden...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: placing a checkbox directly after a wrapped label in a panelForm
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 19:19:14 GMT
Thanks Gabrielle,

Brilliant,  I had tried both separately before, but setting both
simple="true" and removing layout="horizontal" gives the required
behaviour.

Our apps have historically had all the checkboxes on the right.  I don't
know why.  I might suggest a change in the future.

Thanks

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabrielle Crawford [mailto:gabrielle.crawford@oracle.com]
Sent: 24 May 2006 19:26
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: placing a checkbox directly after a wrapped label in a
panelForm

Try

- set simple to true on the selectBooleanCheckbox
- if it still doesn't work try removing layout="horizontal"

<af:form>
<af:panelForm >
<af:panelGroup >
<af:outputLabel value="Checkbox label with a very long sentence which
pushes the checkbox all the way over to the right even though the text
wraps" /> <af:selectBooleanCheckbox simple="true"/> </af:panelGroup>
</af:panelForm> </af:form>

Can I ask why you don't use the text attribute, which puts the checkbox
first and the text after? This is usually more readable.

<af:form>
<af:panelForm >
<af:selectBooleanCheckbox text="Checkbox text with a very long sentence
which pushes the checkbox all the way over to the right even though the
text wraps" /> </af:panelForm> </af:form>

Thanks,

Gabrielle