From "Martin Denham" <mjden...@gmail.com>
Subject placing a checkbox directly after a wrapped label in a panelForm
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 18:00:36 GMT
I have a very log label to the left of a checkbox in a panelForm.  The
prompt normally wraps round and I would like to display the checkbox on
the end of the wrapped line, underneath the first line like this:

Checkbox label with a very long sentence which pushes the checkbox all
the way
over to the right even though the text wraps [x]

But what I get is:
Checkbox label with a very long sentence which pushes the checkbox all
the way  [x]
over to the right even though the text wraps

And the checkbox can be very hard to see on the edge of the page.

You can see a simplified fragment of my current code below.  The label
and checkbox are wrapped in a panelGroup to prevent the long label
displacing all the other labels over to the right.

<af:form>
<af:panelForm >
<af:panelGroup layout="horizontal">
<af:outputLabel value="Checkbox label with a very long sentence which
pushes the checkbox all the way over to the right even though the text
wraps" />
<af:selectBooleanCheckbox />
</af:panelGroup>
</af:panelForm>