From "arti" <a...@tambas.at>
Subject RE: How to write a Custom Renderer
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:25:37 GMT
Hi Adam,

To decide whether we should use ADF in our new project which may run for
3/4 years, we need to understand few things

1. How soon will the first stable ADF apache version be available?
2. Which features of current Oracle ADF Early access release version,
will be availabe in it? (skinning, client-side validation,
html-render-kit)

3. Currently all additional features of ADF (e.g. skinning, client-side
validation and entire html-renderkit) are part of
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces ("internal") package (/subpackages). If
these packages are taken out from Apache version, does it mean these
functionalities may not be available any more in Apache version?

4. Is it a feasible solution that we wrap the "internal" APIs of current
ADF version, so even if there are changes in future, we minimize/hide
the impact of future changes from our whole implementation?

Thanks,
Arti

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 10:28 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to write a Custom Renderer

The quick guideline is to stay WAAAAY away from anything in
oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui.  That code is all gonna go
(XhtmlLafRenderer, for example).

CoreRenderer would be a better starting point, but really all you need
access to is AdfRenderingContext, which can be accessed without
extending any particular renderer class.  I'd recommend writing your own
Renderer, using AdfRenderingContext (and keep in mind that this code
will get repackaged/renamed/etc.)

-- Adam