From "arti" <a...@tambas.at>
Subject How does client-side validation work in ADF?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:57:39 GMT
Hi,

ADF currently includes single JavaScript file "Common10_1_3_0_4.js" into
a JSP page, if that page includes a <af:form> tag. All standard
client-side validatiors provided by ADF use this script file.
I want to understand

1. How does ADF know that a specific validator will need a particular
JavaScript function from this file?

If I want to implement my own client-side validator, I will implement
oracle.adf.view.faces.validator.ClientValidator, but

2. Can I use my own custom JavaScript file?
3. Where should my JavaScript file be placed? If I want a single script
file "MyJavaScript.js", where do I keep this file?
4. How do I use the functions from my JavaScript file in my client-side
validator class?
5. How should I implement the getClientScript() & getClientValidation()
methods?

Thanks
Arti