From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to write a Custom Renderer
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:58:55 GMT
On 4/4/06, arti <arti@tambas.at> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> To decide whether we should use ADF in our new project which may run for
> 3/4 years, we need to understand few things
>
> 1. How soon will the first stable ADF apache version be available?

That's a very difficult question to answer.  Are you asking when
we'll leave the incubator and graduate to a full project?  If so,
it's impossible to answer, as it depends on the community.

> 2. Which features of current Oracle ADF Early access release version,
> will be availabe in it? (skinning, client-side validation,
> html-render-kit)

All of those.

> 3. Currently all additional features of ADF (e.g. skinning, client-side
> validation and entire html-renderkit) are part of
> oracle.adfinternal.view.faces ("internal") package (/subpackages). If
> these packages are taken out from Apache version, does it mean these
> functionalities may not be available any more in Apache version?

None of those are being taken out.

> 4. Is it a feasible solution that we wrap the "internal" APIs of current
> ADF version, so even if there are changes in future, we minimize/hide
> the impact of future changes from our whole implementation?

That would be wise;  it would minimize (though, of course,
not eliminate) the impact of any changes made.

-- Adam