From "Frank Felix Debatin" <...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: Menu Model Problems and ADF Source Code
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:40:05 GMT
Fabio,

My 2 cents: I found the menu model stuff in ADF very
confusing and ended up with simply building the menues just
using list iteration, which worked nice and simple.

E.g.

<!-- TOP LEVEL MENU TABS  -->
<af:panelPage title="#{...}">
<f:facet name="menu1">
	<af:menuTabs>
		<c:forEach var="item"
items="#{menuRoot.children}">
			<af:commandMenuItem
text="#{item.name}"
				action="#{item.invoke}"
				rendered="#{item.rendered}"
immediate="true"

selected="#{menuRoot.selectedMenuKey==item.key}"/>
		</c:forEach>
	</af:menuTabs>
</f:facet>

Like this, we build up a three-level menu.

The c tag is from facelets, in case you're not using
facelets, then af:forEach works as well (but I'd recommend
using facelets with ADF).

Frank Felix

apache-drop.zip.
> Am I missing something or the source code for ADF Faces is

> not completely available in that archive? I meant to debug
my
> application including breakpoints in some ADF classes but
it