From Deepak Vohra <dvohr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FW: ADF Facelets
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:43:44 GMT
Frank,

  I have testd Facelets with JSF in JSP (XML Syntax). The Facelets run fine.
  With ADF Faces/Facelets in JSP, the configuration files seem to have an error.

  thanks,
  Deepak

Frank Felix Debatin <ffd@gmx.net> wrote:
      Deepak,

  I passed your question to the adf faces user list where you find more competent users than
me.

  I'm not sure what is wrong about your configuration. For my own development, I use facelets
to embed the ADF tags in standard XHTML, so the pages themselves are written in and have extension
XHTML. I have some doubts whether you can leave the pages as JSP if you want to use facelets.

  Best regards
  Frank Felix

---------------------------------
  From: Deepak Vohra [mailto:dvohra09@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 3:47 AM
To: ffd@gmx.net
Subject: ADF Facelets

  Frank,

  I referred to your post about configuring ADF with Facelets.
  I have configured ADF with web.xml. ADF page does not display. ADF is in a JSP page in XML
syntax. I would appreciate your input.

  faces-config.xml:
  <application>
        <default-render-kit-id>oracle.adf.core</default-render-kit-id>
    </application>

  web.xml:
  <context-param>
    <param-name>oracle.adf.view.faces.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER</param-name>
    <param-value>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</param-value>
  </context-param>
     <context-param>
    <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
    <param-value>.jsp</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <!-- Special Debug Output for Development -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>facelets.DEVELOPMENT</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
  </context-param>

<context-param>
<param-name>facelets.VIEW_MAPPINGS</param-name>
<param-value>*.jsp</param-value>
</context-param>
<context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
        <param-value>server</param-value>
    </context-param>
      <filter>
    <filter-name>AdfFacesFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>
        oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilter
    </filter-class>
</filter>

    <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>AdfFacesFilter</filter-name>
    <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
</filter-mapping>

    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

   <servlet>
    <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.ResourceServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

  thanks,
  Deepak

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min
or less.