From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API Documentation for "oracle.adfinternal.view.faces" package
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:54:07 GMT
Arti,

We don't generate docs for adfinternal because it is explicitly
not part of our public API - these classes are subject to
arbitrary change and are therefore considered "off-limits" for
extension.  For example, everything under:

  oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.ui
and
  oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.uinode
... is code that needs to be rewritten inside of:
  oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.renderkit
... and then deleted.

One of the planned projects is extracting a public API out
of the renderkit package (e.g., the AdfRenderingContext
and CoreRenderer classes), and moving them to the
public API as part of oracle.adf.view.faces (or, rather, whatever
org.apache package we end up in), at which point they're
publicly supported and documented.

In the meantime, you're free to subclass or use anything
inside oracle.adfinternal, but only on the understanding
that your code *will* break at some point;  features you were
relying on might just disappear without any replacement, etc.

-- Adam