From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: showOneTab
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:56:08 GMT
Server-side submission isn't "useless";  in many circumstances,
it's entirely desirable - in particular, if each tab contains a different
expensive database query, you don't want to load and show all
at once.  In your case, I agree it doesn't work well.

-- Adam

On 3/29/06, Ramazan VARLIKLI <rvarlikli@innova.com.tr> wrote:
> Can   showOneTab component work only client side?
> I think Server-Side working is useless.
> For example
> <af:showOneTab >
>
> <af:showDetailItem text="#{res['panel.firma.bilgileri']}"
> immediate="false" disclosed="true">
>                             <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.id']}"
> value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.myid}" required="true"
> disabled="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.isGuncelleme}"/>
>                 <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.yetkiliAdi']}"
> value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.yetkiliAdi}"/>
> </af: showDetailItem>
>
> <af:showDetailItem text="#{res['panel.firma.bilgis]}" immediate="false"
> disclosed="true">
>                             <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.no']}"
> value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.myid}" required="true"
> disabled="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.isGuncelleme}"/>
>                 <af:inputText label="#{res['firma.soyadi]}"
> value="#{ctr_FirmaKayit.firma.soyadi}"/>
> </af: showDetailItem>
>
> </af:showOneTab >
>
> The first showDetailItem has an required value so you can not switch to
> the next showDetailItem unless you fill all required fields.If immediate
> attribute of showDetailItem is true , you can switch to the other
> showDetailItems.But any submit occurs,only current showDetailItem values
> will be submitted.
>
> Why showDetailItems switch to each others with submit?If we can do this
> with Javascript,we will have no problem.I do not understand Why
> submitting is required.
>
> GIZLILIK NOTU
> Bu e-posta mesaji gizli, hassas bilgi ve/ya da ekler icerebilir. Bu mesaj, mesajin alici
kisminda belirtilen kullanici/kullanicilara gonderilmistir. Eger mesaji yanlislikla almissaniz
lutfen gondereni acilen bilgilendiriniz, mesaji ve tum kopyalarini siliniz.
> Bu mesaj bilinen tum viruslere karsi Symantec Antivirus ile taranmistir.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> This email may contain confidential information and/or attachments. This email is intended
for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the
sender immediately and delete the email and any copies of it.