From Böhringer Jochen <Jochen.Boehrin...@tcc-products.de>
Subject Trinidad: How does PPR replace content in the dom?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:32:07 GMT
Hello,

how does PPR replace content in the dom of the page. I know that PPR uses an IFrame. But how
is the data loaded into the IFrame copied into the main page?

I guess it could be realized this way:

1.) Load new HTML markup into the IFrame.
2.) Copy the new markup in the Iframe to the main Frame using .innerHtml

Am I right or is it done using another mechanism? If I'm right and I have a component whose
renderer generates markup containing <script>alert('Test');</script>

This scriptlet would first be executed after loaded into the iframe. And would be executed
a second time if the ppr mechanism has copied it into the main frame. Is this correct?

If yes, how can I generate a javascript in a renderer which is called after the markup is
copied into the mainframe and not in the iframe? Is there a special trick I can use in a component
using PPR capabilities? I would like to do it the Trinidad way, because I would like to donate
my DragAndDrop component (as soon as it works) back to Trinidad.

Regards
Jochen