From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject tr:convertNumber, type="currency", and BigDecimal
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:54:22 GMT

     Hi everybody.

     I am having a problem with using a <tr:convertNumber /> in my app
for submitting currency values from an inputText (see the example
below).  I have tracked the problem down to the fact the value is bound
to a BigDecimal in my bean.  If I change the type to be Double, this all
works fine... but the trouble is that I have to use BigDecimal in my
bean, so simply changing the type is not an option for me.

     I've dug into the Trinidad code and updated the BaseConverter class
to successfully use <tr:convertNumber /> with a BigDecimal value.  But
before I create a bug and submit a patch, I would like to know if there
is any reason in particular that BigDecimal does not seem to be
supported.  Was it just missed, or was it left out for a specific
reason?

     Thanks...

Dave

              value="#{myBean.monthlyIncome}"

              label="Monthly Income">

currencyCode="USD"/>

The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.