From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tr:convertNumber, type="currency", and BigDecimal
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:55:37 GMT
I think bigdecimal should work, since it is not uncommon
to use that type for currency values...

-M

On 12/14/06, David Brunette <David.Brunette@chordiant.com> wrote:

>      Hi everybody.
>

>      I am having a problem with using a <tr:convertNumber /> in my app
> for submitting currency values from an inputText (see the example
> below).  I have tracked the problem down to the fact the value is bound
> to a BigDecimal in my bean.  If I change the type to be Double, this all
> works fine... but the trouble is that I have to use BigDecimal in my
> bean, so simply changing the type is not an option for me.
>

>      I've dug into the Trinidad code and updated the BaseConverter class
> to successfully use <tr:convertNumber /> with a BigDecimal value.  But
> before I create a bug and submit a patch, I would like to know if there
> is any reason in particular that BigDecimal does not seem to be
> supported.  Was it just missed, or was it left out for a specific
> reason?
>

>      Thanks...
>

> Dave

>               value="#{myBean.monthlyIncome}"
>
>               label="Monthly Income">

> currencyCode="USD"/>

> The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software
or its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff: