From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trinidad sandbox?
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:11:39 GMT
Nah, this really needs to be a separate project, at the
same level as trinidad and plugins.  There are most
definitely cases where a branch is necessary, and for
those we have to use branches, but separate projects
mean that you can:

  - widely test them (they'll be built and downloadable)
  - the code won't bit-rot!  Put it on a branch, and unless
    someone is actively maintaining that branch, it'll
    rapidly reach the point where it won't compile.

The way I see it, we'll want the same structure as trinidad:
  trinidad-sandbox-build
  trinidad-sandbox-api
  trinidad-sandbox-impl
  trinidad-sandbox-demo

The point there being that if the code is ever going to be
merged into trunk, it has to adopt the same conventions
(use the plugins to build the component and JSP, etc.)
so it can be cleanly moved over.

-- Adam