From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject partialTriggers and naming containers
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 04:06:08 GMT
Currently, partialTriggers works great within a naming container, but
not so great across naming containers:

<f:subview id="first">
  <... id="foo"/>
</f:subview>

<f:subview id="second">
  <.... partialTriggers="???"/>
</f:subview>

The only syntax that'll work in this case is partialTriggers=":first:foo".
But that's brittle - add another level of naming container that
both are in, and it breaks - you'd have to switch to
":somethingNew:first:foo".  All a major pain when you're trying
to write reusable blocks of content.

So, to fix this, I'd like to support some extra syntax like ".."
in file paths.  I'm thinking "::" to go up a level.  Maybe ":::"
to go up two, etc.?  So, partialTriggers="::first:foo" would work.

How's this sound?

-- Adam