From Jeanne Waldman <jeanne.wald...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: PATCH: ServerSide buttons are back
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:30:06 GMT
Hi all,

Have we decided that we want to keep the image generation code around,
then? Looking back at old emails, it sounds like a couple of people want
to keep the rounded-buttons.

Thanks,
Jeanne

Scott O'Bryan wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Yes, he means trinidadinternal.ui.  The reason we are getting rid of
> this is basically a historical reason.  These classes are basically a
> set of adapters designed to port Oracle's old UIX component base over
> to Faces.  As the components were enhanced and expanded, we started
> turning these components into true Faces Components (which we'll refer
> to as Faces Major) on this list.  While it's acceptable to make
> enhancements to the UI packages until all the UIX components have been
> ported over, it is completely wrong to add any new dependencies from
> outside of these.
>
> I haven't taken a look at your patch, but I would take a look at
> either making your dependancies FacesMajor, or moving the
> functionality you need from the UI package into a non-ui package and
> have the UI classes refer to it.  Make sense?
>
> Scott
>
> Mark Robinson wrote:
>
>> Adam,
>>
>> By myfaces.ui, do you mean trinidadinternal.ui?  Is there a reason
>> for getting rid of it?  Also, is there migration documentation?  Ie,
>> class X is gone, use class Y and Z.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> Adam Winer wrote:
>>
>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> It's not OK for anything in myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit to have
>>> dependencies on code in myfaces.ui;  our goal is to kill all
>>> code in myfaces.ui.
>>>
>>> So, for example:
>>>
>>> import org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.UIXRenderingContext;
>>> import
>>> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.laf.simple.desktop.IconInputStreamProvider

>>> ;
>>> import
>>> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.ui.laf.simple.desktop.SimpleDesktopConstants