From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PATCH: ServerSide buttons are back
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:47:36 GMT
Mark,

Yes, he means trinidadinternal.ui.  The reason we are getting rid of
this is basically a historical reason.  These classes are basically a
set of adapters designed to port Oracle's old UIX component base over to
Faces.  As the components were enhanced and expanded, we started turning
these components into true Faces Components (which we'll refer to as
Faces Major) on this list.  While it's acceptable to make enhancements
to the UI packages until all the UIX components have been ported over,
it is completely wrong to add any new dependencies from outside of these.

I haven't taken a look at your patch, but I would take a look at either
making your dependancies FacesMajor, or moving the functionality you
need from the UI package into a non-ui package and have the UI classes
refer to it.  Make sense?

Scott