From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject ADFFACES-214: EditableValueRenderer does not handle EvaluationException in method getReadOnly
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:36:13 GMT
Martin,

Looking at this bug and patch, I'm not sure of the right way to go.

I'm worried about this;  if the exception is thrown constantly, that
could be a significant performance problem.  I'm not at all sure that
we wouldn't want to warn the developer (hence, _LOG.warning()).  Also,
maybe returning true would be better than false here, since the value
isn't writable.

If we do catch the exception, what happens later when the value is
actually retrieved for rendering?  Isn't that just going to generate
another uncaught exception?

-- Adam