From Rogers Reilly <rogers_rei...@s-rod.com>
Subject Re: Trinidad JSF 1.2 status update
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 15:50:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to build from the SVN you're pointing to, can't quite get
Maven to pull it off.  I get a compilation error:

cannot find symbol:  class MethodBindingMethodExpression, location:
class org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXSelectInput.  (same
errors exist for UIXCommand).

I notice that neither of these classes are in the
trinidad-api/src/main/java/ tree (failure occurs during trinidad-api
build), but Maven is actually finding them in the
trinidad-api/target/maven-faces-plugin/main/java tree, and so tries to
compile them.  Also getting a warning that "POM for
'javax.faces:jsf-api:pom:1.2-b19:provided' is invalid.  It will be
ignored for artifact resolution.  Reason:  Not a v4.0.0 POM", but the
JSF 1.2 .jars do show up in my repository so I don't think that's the issue.

Do I need to do anything special to build this 1.2 branch?  Exclude some
of the plug-ins from my checkout?

Thanks in advance- looking forward to "keeping" my <tr:xxx /> tags, as
I'd  just begun the process of switching over to the RI to use
DynaFaces.  :-)

Rogers