From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Company-specific branches
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:55:11 GMT
I think basicly that what you want is something like:

a branch for a release or a rc, which is also maintained.

I think that's fine with Apache, why not?

In MyFaces we do a branch for *each* release too, but we are
not maintaining the branches *after* the release (which is bad).

So the work will continue on trunk and if we figure out, that there is
a bug that stopps also the *released* / *branched* version of T.,
why not apply the *patch* against the branch too.

I prefer that too.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf