From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [Issue] Compilation error as of 2006-08-14 8h29 a.m. EST
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:18:52 GMT
My understanding is that:
- Maven 1 checked for newer versions of snapshots every build.
- Maven 2 checks, by default, once a day, but can be forced
  to check explicitly (I don't know how, though).

There's a -U option on Maven 2 to forcibly download new
versions, but that applies to *everything* not just snapshots,
so you'll download new versions of any plugin or report you use,
etc., which can be destabilizing.

-- Adam