From Simon_Less...@DMR.CA
Subject Issue ADFFACES-44
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:02:06 GMT
Hello,

I'm bringing this issue on dev list because there's many possibilities
concerning that issue. As a summary let say that currently, all tag
attributes allowing EL will fail if they use a managed bean loaded with
<f:loadBundle/> tag if the expression is evaluated outside RenderResponse
(happens more than often for error message attributes that are evaluated
inprocess validation phase) because that's the only time when the bean
exists. The various fixes I can see are:

1) Don't consider it a bug and documents attributes accordingly.
2) Create an <af:loadBundle/> tag that would load the bean in the restore
view phase instead of render response. The beanwould have to be a bit more
intelligent than currently to support in-between phase locale changes.
3) Provides an utility class that users could define as a resource bean in
faces-config.xml and then use as a map bean like loadBundle provides and
discourage the use of loadBundle.

What option looks the best to you? Or do you see a better one ?
Personally, I think I would do both 2) and 3) as well as mentioning the
issue in the error message attribute documentation.

Regards,

Simon Lessard
Fujitsu Consulting