From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coding conventions
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:03:36 GMT
On 7/11/06, Simon_Lessard@dmr.ca <Simon_Lessard@dmr.ca> wrote:

> Hello again,
>

> I got some more question regarding coding rules.
>
> For control block with a single line of code, should we use brackets or
> not? Currently, I see both, but not using the brackets seems to be the
> most common.

It's not a strictly enforced thing;  in general, for a simple "if"
followed by one line, I don't much care for the braces - they
don't make the code more readable.  But for an "if"-"else",
if one case requires a brace the other should have braces
too.

Regarding nested classes, are those encouraged when they are strongly
> coupled with with their enclosing class or should they be converted in top
> level classes?

If they're very strongly coupled - and one is clearly the primary class
and the other the helper class - I like using inner classes.  Make
inner classes static whereever possible (would that we'd gotten
that right back when the EG did StateManager.SerializedView....)

Anyway, neither of these are absolute, codified rules.

-- Adam