From "Joseph Rozier" <joseph.roz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Maven2] Archetype
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:59:22 GMT
I have a couple of questions about the Trinidad Archetype:

1)  Are the archetypeGroupId and archetypeArtifactId correct on the wiki?

I followed the directions given by the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_Archetype), but found that
when I attempted to run the archetype:create I was getting a failure,
indicating the groupId and artifactId could not be found.

After looking around a bit, I saw a different groupId and artifactId
specified in trinidad-archetype/target/exported-pom.xml.  When I tried
using these, I was able to get archetype:create to work.

That is, instead of

-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.adf.maven
-DarchetypeArtifactId=adf-archetype

I used

-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.adf.build
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-adf-archetype

Is it expected that the archetypeGroupId/archetypeArtifactId I used
should make things work?  If so, I can update the wiki accordingly.

2) This is likely a basic maven question, but if I build trinidad
myself locally (using "mvn install" in the apache adffaces\trunk),
would this archetype pick up the jars I build?

Thanks,

Joey