From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] JavaScript Popup Calendar
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 05:13:50 GMT
One thing more - I don't like the javascript codebase of the current
tomahawk calendar, just to put this into the discussion.

So if someone comes up with a better solution (and the same or better
functionality) I'll happily put this component into tomahawk as well.

regards,

Martin

> More...
>
> at ApacheCon Bernd and me also discussed about, what's with the tobago
> code base. Stuff like upload can be *unified* for all these three libs.
>
> -Matthias
>
> On 7/7/06, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
> > Mike
> >
> > On 7/7/06, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Moving to dev.....
> >
> > good idea
> >
> > > Well, not to be a pain about it, but the inability of some users to
> > > use a released product like Tomahawk shouldn't be driving the
> > > development decisions of a podling.
> >
> > sure!
> >
> > > The need to have a popup calendar looks like a perfect trial run of
> > > merging the two code bases, and I'd hate to see someone go out and
> > > reinvent the popup calendar "wheel" yet another time when we've
> > > already got two or three of them.
> >
> > sure, popup cal. is just a *simple* example of that.
> > We have a wiki for identifing some task. Feel free to add content.
> > (see [1]).
> >
> > > Realistically, merging the two is probably going to be more a matter
> > > of porting Tomahawk components over to Trinidad than the other way
> > > around, I'm guessing, so maybe I'm arguing over semantics.
> >
> > Yeah, sorta. The Trinidad podling for instance has already
> > *buid-in*support for Facelets. Tomahawk has also some goodies. This
> > task (merging) won't be a short one (IMO)
> >
> > -Matt
> >
> > [1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces/Identify_components_to_merge_into_Tomahawk_Shared

Trinidad

Trinidad as a core