From Adam Fuchs <adam.p.fu...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Suspension
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:26:11 GMT
I think this makes a lot of sense. I use Accumulo enough on a laptop to be
annoyed at how often I have to run start-all.sh.

One way we could do this is to have a separate daemon process restart
accumulo processes anytime they go down. I think log recovery is almost as
efficient as any other way of suspending memory to disk, and it doesn't add
any extra complexity to the code base. The only other concern is having the
daemon restart a process that should actually be down, and we would have to
work out the model for that.

Adam