From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: status of .deb install?
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 02:02:56 GMT
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM, John W Vines <john.w.vines@ugov.gov> wrote:
> So, I'm working on ACCUMULO-19 and I'm a bit stuck. I'm more or less shooting for a target
I cannot see, so
>I'm hoping to get some feedback from potential users of this debian packaging.

I suggest that after the installation the user should have a working,
single-node cluster. The last thing the install does is display a
README.debian which says the user should configure memory correctly,
update the master and slave files, and other stuff. The memory setting
might be hard to handle, but maybe there could be a series of files
like memory.2gb.env.sh, memory.4gb.env.sh. The installation can copy
the smallest setting to memory.current.env.sh. The filenames need a
bit of work to make more sense...