From John Vines <john.w.vi...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Bulk Ingest with AccumuloFileOutputFormat
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 02:07:17 GMT
On Feb 18, 2012 9:00 PM, "Ben Snively" <bsnively@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to put together a test of doing a bulk loading of data
using AccumuloFileOutputFormat.  I've used the hbase version
(HFileOutputFormat) where you output an ImmutableBytesWritable and Hbase
Put object.

> The issue I'm having is I can't find the documentation listed what needs
to be outputted for the accumulo version.  I tried to look at the soruce
code of the AccumuloFileOutputFormat, which appears to need a Key,Value
(out of the core.data package in accumulo, but am not certain).

> Also -- if this is the case,  how is the rowkey, column family, and
column qualifier encoded.  I assume these are all encoded in the Key
portion of the object.

> Thanks for the help,
> Ben

You are correct on all regards. The format expects Key Value pairs, and all
row and column information is handled in the Key object.